About Me

My photo
I am a freshman at West Grand High School in Kremmling, CO. I work at my parents coffee shop and enjoy being outdoors

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Copyright Infringement

The case I found and read about was the Righthaven LLC vs. Las Vegas-Journal and the Denver Post. Righthaven is saying that the Las Vegas and Denver Post displayed on their websites material from his Realty One business newspapers without asking for authorization from Righthaven. In October, the litigation was put back when the U.S District Judge Larry Hicks in Reno, because he  dismissed Las Vegas- Journal from the lawsuit. Then on Feb.8 the clerk of the court said that he/she would enter judgement in favor of all three of the people involved with the lawsuit. The lawsuit then again has been postponed until further investigation of the copyright infringement. The scheduled date has been set for early october and the case should be closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment